40 Days for Life
Cathedral of Our Lady of Walsingham Family Life Ministries
March 1, 2017 - April 9, 2017
Pray, Fast, Act to end Abortion
Our Lady of Walsingham Prayer and Fast Days at 4600 Gulf Freeway Planned Parenthood
March 11 and April 8,
2017, 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.. Carpools Available from the Church parking lot at 6:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m.
“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14
Our Lady of Walsingham Planned Parenthood Prayer Days: March 12 and April 9, 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
March of the Surviving Youth, April 9, 8:30 a.m. - 12 noon Mass
***Join our Pastor, Fr. Charles Hough IV as he leads Good Friday Stations of the Cross at Planned Parenthood, April 14, 9 a.m. 4700 Gulf Freeway at Cullen
Who & Why we do this?
Since the first coordinated 40 Days for Life campaign took place in 2007 through the end of 2015, local campaign leaders have reported these blessings — God’s answers to their prayers:
- 4,168 total campaigns
- 636 cities
- 36 countries
- 700,000 individual participants
- 18,500 churches
- 11,796 lives saved from abortion
- 133 abortion workers quit
- 73 abortion facilities closed
- Churches have been activated and united for life
- New people have been recruited, educated, and mobilized
- People have turned back to God with renewed hope
40 Days for Life requires prayer, hard work, and personal sacrifice, but the campaign is actually quite simple. Pray, Fast, Act, Alms to end Abortion:
Pray & Fast
- Daily: Spiritually adopt an unborn baby in danger of abortion, pray: “Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love you very much. I beg you to spare the life of the unborn baby (name) I have spiritually adopted who is danger of abortion. Amen” Arbsp Fulton J. Sheen
- Daily pray and fast to end abortion at home or join others in front of 4600 Gulf Fwy Planned Parenthood, 6:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. or any abortion facility.
- Pray with our 2nd Saturday of every month Our Lady of Walsingham Parish Prayer Day. Call 713.447.7141 to register or carpool.Pray for those being persecuted in their defense of human life, especially David Daleiden and the Center for Medical Progress.
- Remember these intentions in your Mass prayers and at your Holy Hour
- Become informed and VOTE only for those who will protect life from conception to natural death. Remember politicians start their careers on school boards, city councils, and county positions. Every election is important, every vote counts!
- Pray outside Planned Parenthood or any abortion facility to be the presence of Christ the healer, Christ's divine mercy, Christ's hope and charity in love to all.
- March 11, 6:30 a.m. - 3 p.m., Walsingham Prayer Day at Planned Parenthood
- April 8, 6:30 - 3 p.m., Walsingham Prayer Day at Planned Parenthood
- March 25,8:30 a.m. - 12 noon, March of the Surviving Youth - Everyone born after 1973, survived their parent's legal choice to abort them. Let us march in prayer for those who did not survive and for an end to the genocide of abortion in America and across the globe. Mass for Life begins at 8:30 at the Catholic Charismatic Center followed by breakfast, speakers, prayer, music and culminating with a ''Jericho style march across to Planned Parenthood
Alms: Support the programs that help us locally!